If you are tired of reaching for a bottle of pills every time a migraine begins, it’s time to take control of the situation. First, we’re going to look at 3 foods that researchers say may be able to help with migraines. Then we will look at a natural form of care that is fighting migraines at their source.
Foods to Try if You Get Frequent Migraines
Here are 3 foods that may be able to reduce migraine occurrence:
- Spinach – Spinach is incredibly high in magnesium, and researchers have linked increased intake of this mineral to less frequent migraines. If this isn’t your favorite leafy green, try disguising it by blending the leaves into your favorite fruit smoothie.
- Eggs – Riboflavin, a B vitamin, is important in migraine reduction according to a study published in Neurology magazine. Eggs are a great source, and so is yogurt if eggs aren’t your thing.
- Salmon – Salmon is a fish that is loaded with omega-3s. This fatty acid can help reduce inflammation and helps to protect the nerves. There are plenty of other fish that are also great sources of omega-3, so if salmon isn’t your favorite, consider mackerel or sardines.
Of course, changing your diet isn’t a cure-all for migraines. There is, however, something else you can do to reduce migraine occurrence even more, and that’s to get to the source. You may be surprised to learn that many migraines start in the neck.
Finding Long-Lasting Migraine Relief Through Upper Cervical Care
Since many migraines start in the neck, having an examination on one’s upper cervical spine is a great place to begin when seeking natural relief. An upper cervical chiropractor can provide gentle adjustments to the C1 and C2 that have helped many to get long-term benefits.
If you suffer from migraines, especially if you have ever experienced head or neck trauma, contact an upper cervical chiropractor near you to learn if this may be the underlying cause of your migraines.
to schedule a consultation today.
Latest posts by Dr. Blom (see all)
- Meniere’s Disease: Symptoms and Case Studies - September 2, 2018
- Migraines — 10Lifestyle Changes to Help with the Pain - June 3, 2018
- Vertigo Disease FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) - March 4, 2018