Vertigo – When Is It Time to See a Physician?

When is the best time to consult a doctor about vertigo?

Vertigo is a very common occurrence (about 40% of people over 40 will experience it). It is also considered non-life-threatening. However, there are times when a visit to the doctor is definitely in order. Here are a few of those situations.

  • If you are experiencing other symptoms of stroke – Vertigo can be a symptom of stroke, so if other symptoms exist, seek emergency attention without delay.
  • Vertigo is accompanied by vomiting – This can be an indicator of a number of conditions. In any case, if vertigo becomes bad enough to induce vomiting, it is time to get help.
  • The problem becomes chronic – If you experience vertigo on such a regular basis that it is becoming chronic or leading to increased fall risks, you shouldn’t simply try to “just live with it.” Get help.

Where to Find Help for Vertigo

The problem is that many people don’t know where to turn for help with chronic vertigo. Doctors often offer prescriptions that provide little benefit and may come with unwanted side effects. Is there a natural solution that can be of assistance?

Upper cervical chiropractic has been that source of assistance for many. In one study involving 60 vertigo patients, 80% saw complete resolution of the problem following care. The other 20% also saw significant benefits. It is important to note that all 60 were suffering from an upper cervical misalignment, and 56 of the 60 could remember a head or neck trauma that had occurred prior to the onset of vertigo.

Upper cervical chiropractic care involves precise measurements of the top bones of the spine through diagnostic imaging and physical evaluation. Then low force corrections are tailored to meet each individual patient’s needs. The gentle and precise adjustments are designed to hold as long as possible, so that the body has time to heal, and symptoms caused by the misalignment can be relieved.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.