Vertigo – Correcting the Underlying Condition to Receive Relief

Vertigo Relief, Dizziness Relief, Dizzy, Meniere’s Disease Relief, Disequilibrium, Vertigo, Dizziness, Meniere’s , Meniere’s Disease, endolymphatic hydrops, hydrops

Vertigo is a sensation of movement when none is actually taking place or a false feeling of movement. Vertigo is related to a condition called secondary endolymphatic hydrops (SEH). In short, SEH is a problem with the fluid in the inner ear (endolymph) that results from an underlying condition. Vertigo is just one possible result of SEH. Others include tinnitus, aural fullness, and hearing loss.

What Causes Vertigo?

Sometimes doctors cannot identify the underlying cause of hydrops. In such cases, a patient get a Meniere’s disease diagnosis or primary endolymphatic hydrops. However, it is far more common for an underlying condition to be diagnosed. Some of these conditions include:

  • Head trauma
  • Allergies
  • Certain autoimmune conditions
  • Diabetes

It is interesting that while head trauma is often noted as the most common cause of vertigo, neck trauma is rarely considered. The fact is that both head and neck trauma can result in the same underlying issue – an upper cervical misalignment that gradually causes a eustachian tube lesion. Such a lesion results in increased pressure in the ear and symptoms such as vertigo or ringing in the ears.

The Upper Cervical Solution to False Spinning Sensation

In a study involving 60 vertigo patients, 80% saw an end to vertigo within just a few months of upper cervical chiropractic care. The other 20% all saw a significant reduction in symptoms. Something else that 56 of patients had in common was the memory of some kind of head or neck trauma. Two other case studies conducted later by a different upper cervical chiropractor found success with 139 and 300 patients respectively. Again, head and neck trauma often result have preceded the onset of vertigo.

If you are experiencing vertigo, especially if it began following head or neck trauma, an upper cervical chiropractor may have the solution you have been searching for. Find a doctor near you, and schedule a consultation today.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.