Vertigo Benches a Pro Ballplayer

Vertigo Relief, Dizziness Relief, Dizzy, Meniere’s Disease Relief, Disequilibrium, Vertigo, Dizziness, Meniere’s , Meniere’s Disease, endolymphatic hydrops, hydrops, SEH, BPPV, fullness, swollen ear, painful earVertigo has made the news once again, this time for placing Brock Holt of the Boston Red Sox on the disabled list. He played in only 6 of the first 16 games of the season and put up poor numbers. It turns out that vertigo-like symptoms were making it tough for him to track the ball as it was hurtling toward the plate at nearly 100 mph, something that most people couldn’t do even on their best day.

Vertigo is a fairly common condition. In fact, the Red Sox lost an outfield for a number of games during the 2010 season due to vertigo as well. Besides just making it difficult to play sports, a chronic case can affect just about any career and even make chores around the house tough to manage. Is there a natural way to try and get relief from vertigo?

A Frequently Overlooked Cause of Vertigo

One potential cause of vertigo that most doctors don’t look for is a misalignment of the C1 and C2 vertebrae. The upper cervical spine not only is in close proximity to the brainstem and vertebral arteries, but it also is near the ears. As a result, misalignments in this vital area of the body can sometimes lead to problems in the ear or on the part of the central nervous system that interprets the information the ears send on balance and location. Either way, the false spinning sensation may occur.

Helping Patients with Vestibular Disorders Recover

A number of case studies have looked at the benefits of upper cervical chiropractic for vertigo patients. This specific type of chiropractic focuses on the C1 and C2 vertebrae. It employs gentle adjustments that can relieve the problems noted above. In one study involving 60 vertigo patients, 80% were vertigo-free after care. The other 20% all saw significant improvement.

In conclusion, upper cervical chiropractic may be able to provide similar results if you have vertigo. Having a head or neck trauma somewhere in your history makes you at risk. Contact a practice in your area to schedule a consultation.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.