Whether your neck pain is a minor case of stiffness or a debilitating pain that makes it tough to turn your head, you may be wondering if there is a natural way to find relief that doesn’t involve reaching for a bottle of pain pills. We’re going to take a look at some of the symptoms associated with neck pain that can reveal the underlying problem. Then we will consider how upper cervical chiropractic can offer the natural relief people are searching for.
Symptoms Often Associated with Neck Pain
If you are suffering from chronic neck pain, consider whether you are also experiencing nay of the following:
- Pain in the shoulder or arm – Neck pain often radiates down through the arms, or perhaps one arm.
- Numbness in fingers – When problems extend all the way to the hand, gripping items may become difficult.
- Stiffness – Besides just pain, the range of motion may become limited.
- Migraines/headaches – Neck pain is often felt before or during headaches or migraines.
How Upper Cervical Chiropractic Helps to Relieve Neck Pain and Other Symptoms
When the C1 or C2 vertebrae become misaligned, it can result in damage to nerves and soft tissue. Pain can result, but pinched nerves and tissue damage can also lead to numbness and tingling in the arms and even the fingers. Pain can radiate down through the shoulders. Even headaches can result when these misalignments affect blood flow to the brain. This is especially true if the misalignment occurred due to some kind of head or neck trauma.
A gentle adjustment of the upper cervical spine can relieve the pressure from these pinched nerves and give the body opportunity to heal damaged soft tissue. As a result, pain and other symptoms may be both immediately lessened and gradually improve over time.
To learn more, contact an upper cervical chiropractor near you. You may be just a few gentle adjustments away from finding relief from chronic neck pain.
Latest posts by Dr. Cheney (see all)
- The Top 10 Migraine Triggers – Is Yours on This List? - February 17, 2019
- The Three Modern Causes of Neck Pain - December 16, 2018
- Read This Blog if You Have Been Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia - October 21, 2018