Peripheral Vertigo Prevention Techniques and a Natural Option

How to prevent and find a natural cure for peripheral vertigo?

Vertigo can spring up at an unexpected time, and a severe bout can even result in a fall. Is there anything that a person can do to keep the spinning sensation from occurring? Let’s take a look at a few of the common triggers of a vertigo attack and a natural way to get to the underlying problem.

Avoiding a Vertigo Episode

The older population, in particular, has to be on guard against vertigo. After the age of 40, a person has a 40% chance of experiencing vertigo. By the age of 65, a person has a 1 in 3 chance of having a fall each year. And vertigo seems only to worsen as a person gets older.

If you are beginning to experience frequent bouts of spinning sensation, here are a few triggers to avoid:

  • Rapid movement of the head – This is why many experience spinning sensation when getting up too fast from bed. The head moves quickly, and blood pressure may drop.
  • Bright lights – It might be a good idea to keep the lights dimmer when dealing with frequent vertigo episodes.
  • Looking up – Whether it has to do with the movement of the eyes or tilting the head backward, looking up seems to be another trigger.
  • Bending over – Many elderly ones find that leaning forward leads to sudden vertigo and is a frequent cause of falls.

Of course, avoiding these 4 triggers can require a person having his or her guard up at all times. There certain times a person just has to bend over. Or a sound might cause one to turn the head quickly without thinking about it. There has to be a better way.

Upper Cervical Chiropractic and Vertigo

Evidence continues to mount showing that upper cervical chiropractic can help to reduce the frequency and severity of spinning sensation. In one recent study, a patient with vertigo due to Meniere’s disease saw a complete resolution of this and other symptoms. In another study, 80% of patients experienced complete relief of vertigo, and the other 20% experienced a significant severity reduction. These studies really encourage anyone with vertigo to see an upper cervical chiropractor.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.