The most common form of treatment for neck pain is NSAIDs. However, there are numerous side effects of frequently taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Plus, long-term use has been linked to heart, kidney, bone, and hearing problems. As a result, many are looking for alternative therapies to reduce neck pain.
5 Potential Ways to Relieve Neck Pain Naturally
Consider the following drug-free ways to cope with neck pain:
- Sleep More – This may seem like an odd solution, especially if your neck pain is the worst when you wake up in the morning. However, not getting enough sleep can interfere with the body’s ability to process pain. Thus, a regular sleep schedule may help make pain more manageable.
- Exercise – Neck pain is often due to tissue damage, misalignments, and other structural issues. Exercising can strengthen the structures of the neck, helping to prevent future bouts of pain.
- Turmeric – This seasoning may have some anti-inflammatory properties. As a result, some have tried it as a natural way to reduce pain. As long as you like the flavor, there isn’t a downside to adding turmeric to your food, so it’s worth a shot.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – This is another food supplement that may help reduce inflammation. As a result, it has been recommended by some as a natural pain reliever. You may be able to get enough omega-3 through a well-balanced diet.
- Upper Cervical Chiropractic – If the underlying cause of the pain is a misalignment, correcting this underlying problem is the first step in relieving pain on a long-term basis.
The Upper Cervical Chiropractic Solution to Neck Pain
Even a slight misalignment of the C1 and C2 vertebrae can result in soft tissue damage and the onset of spine degeneration. Conditions that can affect proper alignment include everything from accidents and injuries to poor posture at work or while using mobile devices.
To learn more about how a gentle adjustment may set you on the path to less neck pain and better overall health, contact an upper cervical practitioner in your area.
Latest posts by Dr. Hanley (see all)
- Migraines — Getting to the Root of the Problem - June 3, 2018
- The Most Shocking Back Pain Stats and a Natural Remedy - April 1, 2018
- Questions About Vertigo? We Have Answers. - February 25, 2018