Migraines are a common condition, and yet there is a lot of confusion about migraines in the medical field. It’s no wonder that many patients have heard conflicting things about migraines. Take this brief quiz to see how you fare when confronted with some migraine facts and misconceptions. Then we will discuss a natural way to get help.
Migraine True or False Quiz
Answer true or false to the following 5 questions. Then check the next section of the article for an answer key to see how you did.
- Daily pain medication is the best way to care for chronic migraines.
- Women are three times as likely to experience migraines as men.
- Weather changes, stress, and strong fragrances can all trigger a migraine.
- All migraines occur on just one side of the head.
- A migraine is just a moderate to severe headache.
Migraine Test Answers
Let’s see how you did.
- False – While pain medication can help the pain of a migraine, it can result in medication overuse headaches. This creates a cycle of medication and pain.
- True – About 18% of women experience migraines compared to 6% of men.
- True – These are just three of many common migraine triggers.
- False – Migraines commonly result in pain on one side of the head, but it is possible to have migraine pain on both sides.
- False – Migraines are a neurological condition that frequently have a moderate to severe headache as just one of many symptoms. However, migraines can also occur without a headache (often called silent migraines).
Real Relief from Migraines
Regardless of how you did on the quiz, if you experience migraines, you deserve the best care available. Upper cervical chiropractors are helping people with migraines by gently restoring the correct position of the atlas (C1 vertebra). This small bone at the base of the skull can affect everything from brainstem function to proper blood and cerebrospinal fluid flow.
As a result, correcting the misalignment is often the first step toward experiencing fewer or less severe migraines. Some have even found complete relief.
Latest posts by Dr. Gottlieb (see all)
- Are Any of These Your Migraine Triggers? - December 16, 2018
- Ways that Modern Medicine Lets Down Vertigo Patients - September 16, 2018
- Headache Types: Which One Do You Suffer From? - June 17, 2018