Migraines are a common condition, and yet there is a lot of confusion about it in the medical field. It’s no wonder that many patients have heard conflicting things about migraines. Take this brief quiz to see how you fare when confronted with some facts and misconceptions about the disorder. Then we will discuss a natural way to get help.
Migraine True or False Quiz
Answer true or false to the following 5 questions. Then check the next section of the article for an answer key to see how you did.
- Daily pain medication is the best way to care for chronic migraines.
- Women are three times as likely to experience the condition than men.
- Weather changes, stress, and strong fragrances are all triggers.
- The headache symptom occurs on just one side of the head.
- It is just a moderate to severe headache.
Let’s see how you did.
- False – While pain medication can help the pain of a migraine, it can result in medication overuse headaches. This creates a cycle of medication and pain.
- True – About 18% of women experience migraines compared to 6% of men.
- True – These are just three of many common migraine triggers.
- False – Migraines commonly result in pain on one side of the head, but it is possible to feel the pain on both sides.
- False – Migraines are a neurological condition that frequently has a moderate to severe headache as just one of many symptoms. However, episodes can also occur without a headache (often called silent migraines).
Real Relief from This Neurological Disorder
Regardless of how you did on the quiz, if you have this debilitating condition, you deserve the best care available. Upper cervical chiropractors are helping people with migraines by gently restoring the correct position of the atlas (C1 vertebra). This small bone at the base of the skull can affect everything from brainstem function to proper blood and cerebrospinal fluid flow.
As a result, correcting the misalignment is often the first step toward experiencing fewer or less severe episodes. Some have even found complete relief.