Researchers have concluded that acupuncture and massage therapy combined are sufficient for alleviating cervical vertigo. This condition is light-headedness and dizziness, which attacks arise due to abnormalities in the neck proprioceptors or by vascular compression. Patients experience a sensation of spinning and light-headedness. Massage therapy for vertigo can be a good option for relief.
Cervical vertigo may happen due to head or neck arthritis, neck trauma, Meniere’s disease, inner ear disorders, surgery to the neck, and other issues. Furthermore, common ways to relieve this condition include medications, muscle relaxants, physical therapy, and surgery. In the above study, the combination of acupuncture and massage therapy for vertigo reveals significant positive patient outcomes with an effective rate of 95%.
Researchers randomly divided 84 patients with cervical vertigo into two groups. The first group received standalone Chinese medicine massage treatments. The second group received a mixture of acupuncture and massage treatments. As a result, patients in the 2nd group achieved an overall effective rate of 95% compared with 79.95% for the 1st group. Based on the clinical outcomes, the researchers concluded acupuncture combined with massage therapy is a highly effective approach for the management of cervical vertigo.
The combination of massage therapy and acupuncture had these results:
- Reduced muscle spasms and pain
- Enhanced microcirculation of blood to affected regions
- Raised blood oxygen supply
- Increased blood flow in the vertebrobasilar arteries and brain
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD) measurements authenticate that needling the acupoint Jingming (UB1) widely improved cervical vertigo patients’ speed of blood circulation in the vertebrobasilar arteries.
Can Massage Therapy Provide Relief for Your Vertigo?
Is massage therapy for vertigo any good? Vertigo is known as a vestibular disorder that can occur due to any of the following conditions:
- Inner ear fluid imbalance
- Meniere’s disease
- Inflammation of the ear
- Multiple sclerosis
- Head and neck injury
- Altitude sickness
Frequent and proper massage therapy can help alleviate vertigo because it can:
- Decrease tension in the neck
- Allow arteries to “breathe” better
- Allow more blood circulation in the body
- Relieve headaches and migraines
- Lessen neck pain and discomfort
Depending on how severe your vertigo is, you may choose to have massage therapy once a week. It works by massaging various pressure points around the body. This technique is considered an alternative type of solution. Hence, it is worth a try if you suffer from vertigo.
When you are feeling better, once a month is good for maintenance for lasting relief. However, for some people, massage therapy may not be enough.
Take a Proactive Approach
It helps you a great deal to have an open mind. Be open to other ways of dealing with problems. In other words, take a proactive approach to your health and well being. What does this really mean?
In short, many people nowadays are fully dependent on their doctors and traditional treatments for whatever happens to their health. Some patients delegate their personal health as the doctor’s sole responsibility. Certainly, things can be better. You have the power to choose what to have, what to do, and how to do things to improve your health.
How you can be proactive for your health and wellbeing:
- Firstly, write down your notes on what triggers your vertigo symptoms
- Secondly, read more and understand your condition
- Next, cultivate an open mind for growth
- Also, have a regular check-up
- Be responsible for the choices you make
- Research on what works to help your condition
- Know your options
- Have a positive mindset
- Finally, seek medical advice from professionals when you need help
Upper Cervical Care an Alternative to Massage Therapy for Vertigo
Upper cervical chiropractic care is a category of within chiropractic that focuses on the top two bones in your neck, the C1 and C2 vertebrae. The brain stem goes through these two bones. In addition, the brainstem is in charge of communicating the nerve impulses from the brain to every part of the human body. If one of the top two bones is out of alignment, even slightly, it can have an impact on the nerve transmission to multiple parts of the body. When this happens, it can cause a variety of health issues.
An upper cervical correction is gentle. There will be no twisting, forceful pulling or jerking motions done to your neck. Furthermore, the correction will be applied using a precise and controlled touch that allows the neck, head, and spine to go back to their proper positions. Thus, restoring balance to the body and removing the interference.
Upper cervical chiropractors employ a natural and relaxing method that gives you a better chance to live pain-free without using drugs or surgery. Therefore, it’s safe for people of all ages. Can you imagine yourself trying out this method to help you with your vertigo symptoms? Are you ready to take responsibility and have a pain-free, vertigo-free, worry-free future? The decision is yours to make. Above all, don’t wait too long.
Therefore, use the search function in this site to look for an upper cervical doctor near your area.
- A Guide to Chronic Daily Headaches and Migraines - May 10, 2020
- Massage Therapy for Vertigo: How Well Does it Work? - March 8, 2020
- Is Fibromyalgia a Disease or Syndrome, and What Is the Difference? - November 10, 2019