Head and Neck Injuries Can Lead to Vertigo

Vertigo Relief, Dizziness Relief, Dizzy, Meniere’s Relief, Vertigo, Dizziness, Meniere’s , Meniere’s Disease

Vertigo is often described as a feeling of spinning. Many confuse this with general dizziness which is actually just a state of lightheadedness. However, vertigo is a common ailment, and it only becomes more common as a person ages. It is thought to be one of the main factors behind the statistic that every year 1 in 3 seniors over age 65 experiences a fall. How does vertigo begin?

The Underlying Cause of Many Cases of Vertigo

While every case of vertigo seems to be different, there is one common element that ties many of them together. Vertigo complaints often begin after one has suffered some type of head or neck trauma such as a concussion or whiplash. This may have resulted from a sports injury, a car accident, a slip, and fall, or perhaps even physical abuse. Vertigo may begin immediately following the injury, or it could set in months or even years later. What is going on under the surface?

It all begins when the original injury or accident occurs. The C1 and C2, which are responsible for more than half of the head’s range of movement, may become misaligned during the trauma. This sets in place a chain reaction that affects things such as soft tissue, muscles, and nerve function. A misalignment in the upper cervical spine can also hinder the blood flow to the brain.

Helping Sufferers Without Relying on Medication

If you are looking for a drug-free way to deal with vertigo, upper cervical chiropractic may be the solution for you. A case study involving 60 patients revealed that vertigo resolved for 80% of the patients. The other 20% all saw a dramatic reduction in symptoms. It is interesting to note that the patients in the study were able to identify head or neck injuries that led up to the condition.

If you are experiencing vertigo, especially if you have suffered head or neck trauma, upper cervical chiropractic care may be able to provide you with natural, drug-free relief. Schedule a consultation to learn more.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Featured Articles


Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.