Migraines are a debilitating neurological disorder. Those that suffer from them are always looking for ways to decrease their severity. We will mention a few things a person can do by themselves and also what we can do to help.
A Migraine Journal
Some everyday habits may trigger a migraine, and a person may not even be aware of this. By keeping a migraine journal, it can determine those triggers. Keep track of such things as food and drink, weather conditions, stress levels, and hormone changes around the time of the migraine episode. A pattern may develop.
Day to Day Routines
- Be sure to eat regular, healthy meals. Do not skip meals. Also, drinking plenty of water is a great benefit to your overall health.
- Be sure to exercise regularly. Try taking 20 – 40 minutes out of the day, at least three times a week, to do some sort of exercise.
- Take time to relax. Deep breathing or progressive muscle relaxation techniques can be helpful in dealing with and reducing migraines as they are often brought on by stress. Find something to do that is relaxing and be sure to take the time to do it on a day to day basis.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care
A person can help deal with migraine pain by incorporating the above in their life. However, there may come a time when professional help is needed. If there is a misalignment in the upper neck (the top two bones of the vertebrae), this can be the cause of migraines. By seeking the care of an upper cervical chiropractor, a person can be on their way to healing.
A misalignment puts undue pressure on the brainstem, resulting in the wrong signals being sent to and from the brain and body. This irritates nerves and hinders blood flow to the brain, causing a migraine. Upper cervical doctors utilize a specialized technique to detect and correct these misalignments using gentle, effective adjustments that provide long-lasting results. Once the misalignment is corrected, migraine pain can become a thing of the past.
Latest posts by Dr. Flores - Gabriel (see all)
- The 10 Best Natural Headache Remedies of All Time - September 9, 2018
- Fibromyalgia: What Is It? Can Anything Help the Pain? - July 8, 2018
- 10 Questions About Sciatica You Need Answers To - May 13, 2018