Finding Vertigo Relief: One Athlete’s Struggle

Struggling to find cure for athletes with vertigo

Stephen Drew, a baseball player with the Washington Nationals, was only able to play in 70 of the 162 games last year. The reason? Vertigo.

If you are dealing with vertigo, you may be able to relate to this athlete’s struggle. He found describing the condition to be difficult. While he seems no longer to be suffering from vertigo at the moment, the doctors never discovered the underlying cause, and so he’s left to wonder if it will return.

How can vertigo be relieved on a long-term basis? What if your doctor couldn’t find an underlying cause? Does a person just have to learn to live with periodic bouts of vertigo? Read on to learn about how some are finding long-term relief.

A Study Involving Vertigo

One study conducted by an upper cervical chiropractor involved 60 vertigo patients. When gentle adjustments were provided over the course of several months, 80% of the patients found complete relief. The other 20% all saw significant improvement.

Something else the patients had in common was a history of head or neck trauma with 56 of the 60 being able to identify a specific event that preceded the onset of vertigo.

Long-Term Help Is Available

When the upper cervical spine is misaligned, it can have far-reaching effects on inner ear function, particularly the Eustachian tubes. As a result, excess fluid may be unable to runoff and vertigo can result. Correcting the upper cervical misalignment may thus be the first step in seeing long-term improvement.

If you are suffering from vertigo, especially if you have ever suffered head or neck trauma, upper cervical chiropractic may be the right option for you. This gentle form of chiropractic is very specialized and focuses on delivering a precise adjustment to the Atlas (C1) by means of a low force correction. Contact a practitioner near you to schedule a consultation and learn more.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.