When a person is suffering from fibromyalgia, normal daily tasks can seem like giants that need to be slain. One big task is keeping up with housecleaning. We’re going to provide a few tips on how to get this chore done despite the pain, but we’ll finish by considering a natural therapy that has helped some fibromyalgia patients improve their quality of their life.
3 Tips for Cleaning House While Dealing with Fibromyalgia
Here are three things you can do to make cleaning the house an easier task:
- Switch to Natural Cleaning Supplies – Strong scents and chemicals can cause a fibro flare-up. That would end a cleaning session (and maybe the rest of the week) really quick. Switching to natural cleaners with a mild smell is best. Find a good friend who doesn’t mind smell-checking products for you at the store.
- Use a Wheeled Cart – Carrying around those cleaning supplies can leave you feeling fatigued in a hurry. Keeping your supplies in a rolling cart allows you to take cleaning supplies from room to room with minimal effort. It may even help you feel less worn out the next day.
- Enlist Help – Vacuuming can be the worst part of cleaning, especially if you live in a multi-floor home. If a family member can take over this one part of the chore, it may make the rest less stressful. If you are single and live alone, this may be another job for a close friend. You may be embarrassed to ask the first time, but accepting help from people who love you is an important factor in dealing with a chronic illness.
Getting Help for the Pain of Fibromyalgia
Hopefully, those tips can help point you in the right direction for getting chores around the house accomplished without making things miserable for yourself. Another thing you can do is try alternative ways to get relief. Upper cervical chiropractic care has been able to do just that for many. Some have even seen symptoms completely resolve.
To learn more about what upper cervical chiropractic care is and how it has helped patients with pain, fatigue, and other chronic health problems, schedule an appointment with a practice in your area.
Latest posts by Dr. Cheney (see all)
- The Top 10 Migraine Triggers – Is Yours on This List? - February 17, 2019
- The Three Modern Causes of Neck Pain - December 16, 2018
- Read This Blog if You Have Been Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia - October 21, 2018