Back pain is a common issue globally and is the number one underlying factor in disability. However, there may be some facts that you do not know about this very common condition. Here a few things that may come as a surprise.
- About half of women will experience back pain during pregnancy.
- 40% of people go to a primary care doctor first when experiencing back pain.
- 90% of people never discover the underlying cause of their pain.
- As much as 80% of people have their back pain recur in a two-year period.
- The US alone spends $50 billion per year treating lower back pain.
Common Care of Back Pain
In the majority of cases, pain medication is prescribed for back problems. This can include muscle relaxers as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Steroid shots and various forms of surgery may also be recommended by a doctor. However, most people would rather care for back pain in a natural way. Here’s a simple solution that people are now flocking too.
Why Upper Cervical Chiropractic for Back Pain
The neck plays a major role in helping to maintain proper posture. When the upper cervical spine becomes misaligned, the rest of the back will follow. As a result, the pain is often felt lower in the back even though the primary issue is in the upper neck.
Some shy away from chiropractic when experiencing back pain because they don’t want to be twisted and popped as is often the case when it comes to general chiropractic. Upper cervical techniques, however, are far gentler. Most use what is referred to as a low-force correction. Such a gentle adjustment can be more precise and hold longer. That means fewer visits and less cost to the patient. It also means that the body has longer to heal, and the spine can move back into place naturally. As a result, many have seen an end to their back pain.
Latest posts by Dr. Watterson - Amy (see all)
- The 6 Most Debilitating Migraine Symptoms - January 21, 2018
- Risk of Migraines Increased Whether Under or Overweight - August 6, 2017
- Shocking Facts About Back Pain and One Simple Solution - October 23, 2016