- Some of those 37 million affected include children.
- Up to 90% of those having migraines are women.
- Out of every 4 households, 1 has someone with migraines.
- Migraines are diagnosed more often than diabetes and asthma combined.
- Every 10 seconds, someone in the USA goes to the ER for a migraine.
- Migraines are included in the top 20 most disabling medical problems.
- More than $13 billion is lost annually in businesses in America due to missed days of work because of migraines.
What Can Help Migraines?
Migraines are difficult to diagnose and harder to provide care for. Medical doctors often choose from among 30 different kinds of drugs for their patients. They may recommend injections or surgery to help them find relief. All of these things come with potentially dangerous side effects and are not always effective. Is there a more natural, non-invasive, and safer way to get help for migraines?
The simple answer is yes. Upper cervical chiropractic care is a specific kind of chiropractic that has seen positive results when used to help those with migraines. It begins with an examination of the neck of a migraine sufferer. Often, a misalignment in the upper neck vertebrae, specifically the C1 and C2 (atlas and axis) bones, can be the underlying reason for migraines to occur.
Special x-rays are used to determine the exact location of the problem. Then a gentle adjustment is used that does not involve forcing or cracking the spine into place. It is a scientific method that puts just enough pressure on the misaligned bone to get it to move back naturally into alignment. The body then begins using its natural healing process to repair the damage done to tissue and muscle in the area, keeping the bone in place.