Reducing or even eliminating back pain is not out of reach. Back pain is often related to misalignments of the vertebrae of the spine. If a person has a misalignment of just ¼ of a millimeter in the upper neck, it can be enough to wreak havoc on the entire body, leading to a variety of health problems.
Upper cervical chiropractors see much success in helping patients with back pain. The focus is on making sure a patient’s neck is properly aligned by paying special attention to the C1 and C2 vertebrae, as these are often at the source of the problem. Rather than looking to pharmaceuticals, such as pain medication or a shot of steroids, we encourage patients to naturally alleviate back pain through specific methods tailored to each individual. Why is chiropractic care such a good choice?
- It’s cost effective.
- More positive results are reported than traditional treatments.
- There is much higher patient satisfaction.
- It does not involve twisting or popping the spine into place.
The last one on the list makes many of our patients extremely happy, especially when they realize they are not leaving in pain after an adjustment.
Teamwork is Vital to Lower Back Pain Relief
Physical therapy is another area that may prove beneficial. Often this is offered at a chiropractor’s office, or he may recommend someone that he feels will be the right fit. What can a person expect when seeing a physical therapist?
- Supplements to help the person heal.
- Education on how to regain muscle strength.
- Exercises to help stretch the muscles.
All of this can improve a person’s activities that are done every day. Things like lifting, walking, and sitting—all painful experiences for someone with back problems —can all improve.
Most upper cervical chiropractors will also recommend that patients develop a regular exercise routine, better sleep habits, and enjoy a healthy diet. Once all of this is done, and the misalignment of the upper neck is corrected by gentle means, a person’s body can begin to heal and communicate on a better level. The result? A happier and healthier person overall with less or maybe no back pain!
Latest posts by Dr. Kuhn (see all)
- Nine Causes of Vertigo and One Natural Solution - October 28, 2018
- Lower Back Pain: 8 Triggers You Need to Avoid - August 26, 2018
- Tension Headaches: What May Help Ease the Pressure - June 24, 2018