When chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) affects a person’s entire life, the results can be physical, mental, and emotional. One study involving 19 patients with CFS showed the dramatic quality of life benefits that may be derived from upper cervical chiropractic care.
Results of the Study
All 19 patients suffered from upper cervical subluxations. Patients were evaluated before and after 6 months of care to reveal the benefits using tests that measure the quality of a person’s life and sleep. The results were very positive.
- Patient physical health was scored at an average of 30.3 prior to care and 55.6 afterward.
- Mental health also improved from an average of 46.4 to 68.6.
- Sleep quality score (lower is better with 0 being the best possible sleep) decreased from 12.1 to 6.1.
In conclusion, researchers noted that the upper cervical care did provide benefits to the patients as far as quality of life is concerned.
Painless Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Care
The last thing you need when you are dealing with chronic fatigue is pain. General chiropractic involves a lot of twisting and popping of the spine, but upper cervical chiropractic is different. Instead, precise x-rays are used to determine the exact location and degree of misalignment. Then the precise adjustment can be calculated and administered.
Upper cervical doctors use gentle techniques to move that atlas vertebra (C1) back into proper alignment with no unnecessary force at all. This results in maximum results with minimal discomfort.
Also, a gentle adjustment allows the realignment to hold. That means fewer adjustments and less cost to the patient, something that can truly be appreciated when a chronic illness is being cared for. We hope to improve the quality of life for our patients without breaking the piggy bank.
Latest posts by Dr. Kleinfelter (see all)
- How to Combat the Top Causes of Vertigo - June 10, 2019
- A Look at Migraine by the Numbers: Surprising Statistics - April 14, 2019
- Little-Know Facts About Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - February 10, 2019