Fibromyalgia is a chronic health condition that involves a number of different symptoms. Some patients may only deal with a few symptoms while others experience the common symptoms as well as many others. We’re going to take a look at 6 of the most common symptoms and then one natural solution that is helping some to find relief.
What Are the Most Common Fibromyalgia Symptoms?
Here are 6 symptoms that most fibromyalgia patients deal with:
- Widespread Pain: This is the most common symptom and often the primary means of diagnosis.
- Fatigue: Fibromyalgia involves severe fatigue, even after a full night of sleep.
- Non-Restful Sleep: A related symptom to fatigue, most fibromyalgia patients do not wake up feeling refreshed after sleep.
- Fibro Fog: Cognitive symptoms include brain fog or fibro fog. This can include everything from memory problems to concertation issues.
- Headaches: Headaches can become chronic and may relate to neck and shoulder stiffness that also contributes to sleep problems.
- Muscle Weakness: This can be a very frustrating symptom and may make it difficult to carry out normal daily tasks.
Easing the Pain of Fibromyalgia
Unfortunately, there’s no magical pill that can eliminate these symptoms. However, there is a natural way to get help. The source of relief is based on the idea that many of the symptoms noted above can be related to the complications caused by an upper cervical misalignment.
For example, a misalignment can put pressure on the brainstem, which is responsible for interpreting the body’s pain signals. As a result, problems in blood and cerebrospinal fluid flow can lead to headaches and cognitive difficulties. Neck stiffness can be the result of soft tissue damage. These are just a few examples.
In conclusion, upper cervical chiropractic care is all about providing the most precise and gentle low force correction to the top two bones in the spine. The result is relief from the symptoms caused by the misalignment. If fibromyalgia symptoms are related to such a misalignment, some symptoms may be helped immediately. Above all, keeping the upper spine in proper alignment can give the body time to heal, leading to long-term benefits.