If you have a friend who is coping with fibromyalgia, you may be looking for a way to give a gift but make it practical. This is also an opportunity to say, “I may not completely understand, but I’m really trying.” Here are 5 ideas.
- A Pill Organizer – This may not be an exciting gift, but it is definitely practical. Fibromyalgia patients often take numerous prescription medications, and some go the natural route and take various supplements as well. Decorate the pill box to give it a personalized feel.
- Comfy Bedding – Unfortunately, fibromyalgia means a lot of time in bed. Comfortable sheets or a nice duvet cover can make the room a little happier on a bad day.
- A Tablet Stand – When binge-watching a favorite show on a bad day, a tablet stand can be a real neck saver.
- Cleaning Supply Cart – Cleaning the house can be a real chore when you’re both in pain and have limited energy. A rolling utility cart can be a great way to turn cleaning into less of a chore.
- Upper Cervical Gift Certificate – Contact a nearby upper cervical chiropractor to see if they offer gift certificates or prepaid visits.
Why Upper Cervical Care for Fibromyalgia?
Upper cervical is an extremely gentle subspecialty of chiropractic. Precise measurements are made of the C1 and C2 vertebrae (atlas and axis) using diagnostic imaging techniques. Then precision adjustments are administered in a gentle manner that doesn’t involve twisting or forcing the spine. Many patients find this less invasive than general chiropractic.
Since the upper cervical spine protects the region where the brainstem meets the spinal cord, this part of the body contains a lot of important nerves and blood vessels. A misalignment can affect proper blood flow to certain parts of the brain or even function of the brainstem. As a result, pain processing may be off, and other problems arise that may contribute to fibromyalgia. In some cases, fibromyalgia symptoms resolve completely. To learn more, contact a practice near you.