Vertigo Solution: 2 Ways to Get Natural Relief

Vertigo Solution

Vertigo is a false sensation of motion that often involves the feeling that the room is spinning. The best vertigo solution is to address the underlying cause. This is often a problem in the inner ear. However, the inner ear troubles may be caused by a misalignment of the upper neck. With that in mind, here are several suggestions for natural vertigo relief.

Lifestyle Changes, A Vertigo Solution

Vertigo episodes may result from lack of sleep. That's why getting 8 hours of sleep per night may help you to experience fewer vertigo attacks. It’s also a good idea to quit smoking because tobacco use can affect the vertebrae of the neck and thereby increase vertigo symptoms. Some also find that increasing water intake improves vertigo by keeping the body properly hydrated. Some doctors will recommend a low-salt diet to prevent water retention and fluid buildup in the ear.

Exercise and stretching can also be good for vertigo sufferers. If vertigo is stress related, peaceful meditation periods may be of benefit. Maintaining healthy blood pressure and blood sugar levels are also important for avoiding vertigo attacks. These and other lifestyle changes may provide benefits.

Vertigo Responds to Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care

Vertigo patients are also encouraged to avoid sudden movements of the head, especially when it comes to having the head tilted back. While this may occasionally have to do with ear fluid, it can also be related to the neck.

Because an upper cervical misalignment can lead to vertigo, one natural way to get some relief is to see an upper cervical chiropractor for a gentle adjustment. Upper cervical chiropractic involves low force corrections (none of the popping or twisting of general chiropractic). These adjustments are long-lasting and give the body the time it needs to heal from the effects of the misalignment.

As a result, in a study of 60 people, 80% received a complete resolution of vertigo after care. The other 20% also received significant benefits. This should encourage anyone suffering from chronic vertigo to give upper cervical chiropractic a try.

Find An Upper Cervical Doctor in Your Areato schedule a consultation today.

Find an Upper Cervical Specialist In Your Area

to schedule a consultation today.

Search
Featured Articles

Videos

Montel Williams
Montel Williams

TV show host Montel Williams describes how specific chiropractic care has helped his body.

NBC's The Doctors

The TV show "The Doctors" showcased Upper Cervical Care.

CBS News/Migraine Relief

CBS News highlighted the alleviation of Migraines and Headaches.

The content and materials provided in this web site are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to supplement or comprise a medical diagnosis or other professional opinion, or to be used in lieu of a consultation with a physician or competent health care professional for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. All content and materials including research papers, case studies and testimonials summarizing patients' responses to care are intended for educational purposes only and do not imply a guarantee of benefit. Individual results may vary, depending upon several factors including age of the patient, severity of the condition, severity of the spinal injury, and duration of time the condition has been present.

©2015–2024 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.