If you suffer from fibromyalgia, you are probably excited on the days when you wake up feeling like you can get things accomplished. Unfortunately, you may have the tendency to overdo it on the good days, leading a flare-up. What can you do on the days when your condition is at its worst? These 3 things may not work for everyone, but they are a few ways to help take your mind off the pain and what you are not able to do for the day.
- Unwind with a book – You may have your own book reading ritual. Is it reclining in an easy chair with a cup of tea and some acoustic music playing? Perhaps you prefer to read in the tub with a glass of wine. Your favorite magazine can work too if you’re not an avid reader.
- Get spiritual – For some, a bad day is a time to connect with the spiritual. Whatever that means for you – prayer, meditation, reading a holy book, listening to religious music – accomplishing something spiritual may take your mind off of the physical things you can’t get done on a bad day.
- Binge-watch a show – You may not always feel up to reading or meditation if the pain is maxed out. Sometimes a little mindless comedy, drama, or action is what you need. Find something you can get totally engrossed in, and you may not notice the pain as much for a little while.
Those are just three ways to cope with fibromyalgia flare-ups, but there are plenty of others. What we need to discuss now is a way to be proactive about dealing with chronic pain.
Natural Help for Fibromyalgia Sufferers
Upper cervical chiropractic is a specific niche in the chiropractic field that has been beneficially for many with fibromyalgia. This is because chronic pain conditions are sometimes linked to an atlas (C1) misalignment that can affect cerebral blood flow and brainstem function, leading to symptoms of pain, headaches, dizziness, and more.
To learn more about the benefits of upper cervical chiropractic for fibromyalgia patients, contact a practice in your area and schedule a no-obligation consultation.
Latest posts by Dr. Pancake (see all)
- 3 Potential Ways to Cope with a Fibromyalgia Flare-Up - August 20, 2017
- 7 Signs It’s Time to Get Medical Help for a Headache - June 11, 2017
- Is New Research the Answer for Meniere’s Disease? - April 21, 2017